Universitatea de Vest din Timisoara / West University of Timisoara

Universitatea de Vest din Timisoara / West University of Timisoara

300223 Bd. Vasile Parvan, 4, 300223, Timisoara, Romania Timisoara View map

#801-1000

public


14,030

751

About


The University was founded by the decree law no. 660 issued on 30 December 1944, which stipulates that a university must be created in western Romania. Its first faculties either were dissolved or became independent institutions. These independent higher education institutions became a sole university at the end of September 1962. By 1968, our institution had become an independent university, with a prestigious academic staff; this was the ideal for which many leading Romanian intellectuals, especially those from the Banat region, had fought. Unfortunately, there followed a difficult period for Humanities and Exact Sciences. Fields of study such as Music, Fine arts, History, Geography, Biology, and Chemistry disappeared one by one; Philology was considerably reduced. As a result, many of the faculties were transferred to other institutions. 1989, the year of the Romanian revolution, was a turning point in the evolution of our university. It led to the present-day conditions. That is

MORE

Language »