Universidad de las Fuerzas Armadas ESPE (Ex – Escuela Politécnica del Ejército)

Universidad de las Fuerzas Armadas ESPE (Ex – Escuela Politécnica del Ejército)

Av. General Rumiñahui s/n Sector Santa Clara Sangolquí View map

public

About


INSTITUTIONAL PROFILE

The Universidad de las Fuerzas Armadas- ESPE was created in June 1922, originally as the School of Engineer Officers, whose mission was the training of Army officers in the techniques of Military Engineering. Later, in 1936, it changed its name into School of Artillery and Engineers.

Due to the importance of engineering worldwide, after the Second World War, in 1948 it changed its name into Technical School of Engineers.  In October 1972, civilian students were allowed to enter, in order to share with them the excellence and quality of training given by the professors, who besides the professorship, they were prominent professionals in the civil and military fields. The history of Military Engineering reached its greatest dimension on December 8, 1977, when the National Congress approved the name of Army Polytechnic School – ESPE, maintaining its hierarchical structure, dependent on the Ecuadorian Army in the appointment of its authorities and

MORE

Language »