Narxoz University became as one of the first universities in Kazakhstan that initiated proceeding to a strategic planning. The main cause of the proceeding derived from requirements of the university stockholder with a primary purpose to modify a new management system into a modern standard of effective management.
- Strategic changes of the infrastructure
- Transition to break-even
- Analysis of business processes
- Strengthening strategic cooperation with key stakeholders
- Meantime, Narxoz University became the first grant holder of Tempus project among Central Asian universities
- Narxoz university became a platform for serial workshops for academia communities to reforming higher education. The first steps of the reforming process began from testifying faculty on university strategic development
- Rebranding and getting back the historical title “Narxoz”
- Anti-corruption directed policy of the strategic planning
- Functioning external academic consulting team with the purpose of identifying problems and perspective university development
- First steps were to create additional spaces for students
- Restart managerial and educational processes at the university
- Responsibility delegation by schools
- Alteration of business processes and optimization of educational programs
- Monitoring and assessment with the goal of development of potential faculty members
Narxoz University was established in 1963 and now the university is one of the top five leading universities of Kazakhstan in the field of Economics, Finance, Business and Management. Currently, 6900 students of Narxoz Unievrsity are enrolled in 18 undergraduate, 16 Master’s, 3 MBA, 3 DBA and 6 PhD programs. Master programs are of two different types – general masters programs and business related programs in Economics, Finance, Management, Marketing, International relations, Accounting and audit, Evaluation, Customs affairs, State and local governance, Tourism, Information systems, Ecology and others. Business oriented master programs include general MBA, MBA with specialisazation in certain field and EMBA. MBA students can choose among the following fields – Financial management, Tax managmeent, International business, Strategic managmeent, Euro management, Insurance business, Finances. EMBA programs include the following fields – Strategic management, Tax administration, Corporate management. PhD programs are fully state funded programs with a very limited number of seats – there are no privately financed PhD programs in Kazakhstan. Narxoz University runs doctoral studies in several fields: Economics, Finance, Management, State and local governance, Marketing, Accounting and audit.