The Conservatoire de musique de Genève is a music school in Geneva, Switzerland, founded by François Bartholoni in 1835. This conservatory is the oldest music education institution in Switzerland and one of the oldest conservatories in Europe. The Geneva International Music Competition was founded in 1939 (the first international competition) in this Conservatory. The Conservatory of music hosts 2 400 non-professional students. Since 2009, the professional courses have been led by the Geneva University of Music (Haute école de musique de Genève).