China University of Geosciences

China University of Geosciences

No. 388 Lumo Road Wuhan View map





The history of China University of Geosciences (Wuhan) can be traced back to Beijing College of Geology which was founded in 1952. It became one of the national key universities in 1960. In 1970, the main part of this college was moved to Hubei Province and renamed Hubei College of Geology. In 1975, the college was relocated in Wuhan, the capital city of Hubei Province, and renamed Wuhan College of Geology. In 1987, with the approval of the State Education Commission, China University of Geosciences (CUG) was founded in Wuhan and Beijing at the same time, with the headquarters in Wuhan. In 1997, CUG entered the national “211 Project” of leading universities. In 2000, the administration of CUG was transferred from the Ministry of Land and Resources to the Ministry of Education. CUG is one of the first universities to enter the national “Double-first-class Program” which aims to build first-class universities and first-class disciplines in the world.

CUG (Wuhan) is the research and &


Language »