The institutions of Bharati Vidyapeeth (BV) was accorded deemed university status in 1996 for its academic excellence. The Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University)
- has established academic excellence and offers programmes in innovative and emerging areas,
- presently has 29 constituent institutions, including three research institutes dedicated exclusively to research,
- is multi-campus and multi-disciplinary and is catering to the needs of Urban and Rural students,
- has significant achievements in research,
- has world-class infrastructure and facilities, launched several innovative academic programmes, best teaching-learning processes and has entered into national, as well as, international collaborations.
Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University) as an educational organisation has committed itself to:
- make available quality education in different areas of knowledge to the students as per their choices and inclinations
- create an ambience with enriched infrastructure and academic facilities in its campuses conducive for academic pursuits
- bring education within the reach of rural and girl students by providing them substantive fee concessions and subsidised hostel and mess facilities
- nurture students not only to be competent professionals but also responsible citizens and noble minded human beings
- world-class medical education with super-specialty hospitals and services at affordable cost
The functioning of all the constituent units of Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University) is designed and geared up towards the fulfillment of these commitments.
Pune, where the University has its main office, is the historical and cultural capital of Maharashtra. It is also an educational capital. Known as the Queen of Deccan, Pune is situated about 160 km. south of Mumbai; the commercial capital of the country. Well reputed for its quality educational institutions, Pune attracts students from all parts of India and from abroad. Its picturesque natural surroundings, pristine weather conditions and cosmopolitan ethos are the major attractions.
In the last decade Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University (BVDU) has emerged as a global university with a wide offering of programs and courses spanning varied educational faculties. BVDU today boasts of a state-of-the-art infrastructure, sprawling campuses, extensive teaching and learning facilities, library and research facilities. Today Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University has 32 constituent units and is one of India’s largest multi-disciplinary multi-campus universities. Over the years BVDU has contributed thousands of well trained graduates, post graduates and research doctorates to the pool of professionals in India and abroad.
In line with its Motto of “Social transformation through Dynamic education” BVDU nurtures a holistic education approach that not only academically enriches the students, but also contributes to the students’ personality by nurturing innovation, creativity and practical work experience. The University Grants Commission which is the apex body concerned with higher education in India made an assessment of the academic excellence achieved by the institutions of Bharati Vidyapeeth through a committee of experts and on the recommendation of the UGC, the Government of India accorded the status of “Deemed to be University” to twelve institutions of Bharati Vidyapeeth in Pune on 26th April, 1996 vide their notification No. F.9-15/95-U.3.